Demo Site

Annual Filing


Limited companies have to file documents every year.

Annual Return

The Annual Return captures the structure of your business and is submitted to Companies House.

Annual Accounts

UK companies are required to prepare a set of accounts each year which are provided to Companies House and HMRC.

Corporation Tax Return

HMRC need a copy of your accounts submitted with the CT600 corporation tax return calculating any tax due.

P11D Expenses

Any benefits or expenses paid to directors or employees needs to be reported to HMRC every year.

UK companies have filing responsibilities every year!

Make sure you know what you know when your documents are due to be filed and contact yoru accountant for assistance.

Annual Return

Throughout a given year you may find that your company has gone through several changes in your current appointments or shareholdings. The annual return is a yearly statement which gives an up to date picture of your current company structure. Once a year a company must deliver this annual return and this is usually filed with 28 days of the anniversary of the company incorporation. The annual return details the following information.

  • The name of the company and the registration number
  • The date to which the annual return is made-up
  • The SIC code which describes your company’s principal activity
  • The registered office address for the company
  • The SAIL address if applicable (The Single alternative inspection location is an optional alternative address for you to store your company records)
  • The current appointments of the company
  • A statement of capital for the company

Annual Accounts

A set of accounts must also be lodged with Companies House and HMRC on a yearly basis. Accounts filed with Companies House are often abbreviated and may simply be a basic profit and loss sheet, however HM Revenues & Customers will request a detailed summary of financial transactions throughout the year. We will ensure your accounts are filed in a timely manner to prevent incurring any unnecessary late filing penalties.

Corporation Tax Return

Your company tax return includes form CT600 and any other supplementary documents HMRC request. This is used to calculate the total profit or loss for a company and thus any tax that may be due. Most accountants will have a wealth of experience in this area and we will ensure all documentation is prepared correctly. Form CT600 can be confusing to anyone without accounting knowledge.

“We recommend you contact an accountant for assistance preparing both your company accounts and your corporation tax return.”  — The Accounting Site

P11D Expenses and Benefits

If the company has paid or given employees or company directors expenses or benefits during the year these must be reported to HMRC. This is done by completing a manual form called P11D.

Register a new company now!

Start a company


The Apex, 2 Sheriffs Orchard
Coventry, CV1 3PP
Phone: 02476 631613


Important: This site has been setup purely for demonstration purposes and all the content is for display only. The Accounting Site is not information or advice.
If you need accounting advice contact an accountant.